Geomatics surveying has found its way into a lot of things. With a lot of applications for geomatics in a long list of industries, it has become an integral part of many by providing unbeatable and unmatched accuracy and reliability.
One of the major users of geomatics surveying services is the energy sector, or more specifically, the oil and gas sector. With Canada’s rich oil and gas resources, geomatics has been able to contribute significantly in streamlining the overall operations.
Geomatics and GIS in oil and gas are being used by a lot of large corporations for their benefit.
Uses of Geomatics Surveying Services in the Energy Sector
The entry of geomatics and GIS in the oil and gas sector has led to a lot of utility in different areas. Here are some of them.
1. Land Management: GIS stores information in its database that is utilized to better utilize the area. The data collected by geomatics surveying is stored, analyzed, and mapped for a better presentation and can be presented as and when required by the regulators.
2. Pipeline Monitoring: When it comes to the oil and gas sector, pipelines are like the nerves of a body, carrying the product to far off places. These pipelines also go through loads of harsh weather conditions exposed.
Hence, they are to be checked constantly for any leaks. With the assistance of GIS, maps can be integrated with digital video, often acquired using remote vehicles on the seabed, enabling engineers to observe the pipeline.
3. Emergency Response: GIS and geomatics play an important part in identifying and responding to emergencies such as oil spills and explosions. With the help of geomatics, the data collected and mapped using the GIS can be sent across to all the members on their devices for a safer evacuation plan.
4. Environmental Monitoring: Companies operating in the oil and gas sector should be conscious of any impact that they might be having on the environment. GIS helps here by ensuring there’s plenty of data available to notify about the detection of subsidence due to the extraction of resources like oil and gas.
5. Field Operations: Site surveys in an oil field or plant can be done easily via flying sensors or remote sensing technology. High-quality imagery across the field is available in order to survey a site.
Conclusion: Getting The Experts in Geomatics
When it comes to the energy sector, it’s the experience that counts. It is a highly-sensitive industry and requires professionals to understand the environmental impact, the areas of concern, and how to extract the best out of the operation (quite literally).
This is where Core Geomatics steps in. The professionals at Core have more than 25 years of experience in the energy sector which brings in the much-required knowledge and insights at each step. Moreover, with the industry know-how, they are well aware of the regulations pertaining to the industry.
Hence, every surveying project in the energy sector at Core Geomatics is looked at quite intricately. The data acquired from on-ground surveys are utilized carefully through geomatics information systems to give accurate results. Some of the surveys that Core Geomatics do are regulatory plans, wellsite, and pad site surveys, pipeline and facility surveys, site civil design, drilling program planning, mapping, line locating, and GIS to name some.
Know more about the experience of Core Geomatics in the energy sector and how they’re transforming it each day.
For More Information about Calgary Real Estate Market Reports and Survey Companies Red Deer Please Visit: coregeomatics.