What is acne-prone skin?
Acne-prone skin is a condition in which the skin is constantly shiny and accompanied by pimples on the face. Oily skin acne occurs when the skin is affected by exogenous factors such as environment, dirt, improper skin care, and endogenous factors such as hormonal changes, and prolonged stress. Acne will often appear when the skin is accumulated by sebum, bacteria that clog pores.
Also read: Carencure.live
Benefits of taking proper care of oily skin
Performing acne-prone skin care with the right technique helps acne spots reduce swelling, flatten acne quickly, and effectively fade dark spots for whiter, more even, smoother skin. Among women, makeup is the most loved activity of all time. Lipstick makes women appear sharp, hiding many flaws. However, if you have acne-prone skin, applying makeup will be more difficult. causing the phenomenon of chalk peeling, patching holes, and uneven color. For this reason, people often recommend that if you want to have beautiful, shiny makeup, you should definitely treat acne. Knowing how to take care of acne-prone skin will contribute to limiting the recurrence of acne.
8 steps to properly care for oily acne skin
As you know, each skin type requires its own care routine. For oily skin with acne, you need to pay attention to perform a full range of cleansing, moisturizing and special treatment steps to reduce oiliness and prevent acne. Specifically, the steps are as follows:
1. Clean makeup for acne-prone skin
Many of you think that there is no need to add a daily makeup remover to your acne-prone skincare routine if you don’t wear makeup. However, even if you only use sunscreen, makeup removal is still essential, especially for acne-prone skin that is prone to dirt and cosmetic residues that accumulate in the pores.
Benefits of using makeup remover
Each type of makeup remover will have different characteristics, but they all provide a much more effective cleansing effect than using regular water. Specifically:
2. Wash your face properly
After removing makeup, cleaning your skin with a cleanser is the step you need to do every day in your acne-prone skincare routine.
Benefits of cleaning your face with a facial cleanser
Using the right cleanser after removing makeup will help you completely remove dirt and sebum remaining on your face. This helps to deep clean, preventing the risk of clogging pores and causing acne.
How to choose the right cleanser for acne-prone skin
To choose the right cleanser for acne-prone skin, you should note some of the following factors:
- Priority should be given to choosing products with mild ingredients, extracted from nature to avoid the risk of skin irritation.
- The product texture is smooth, low foaming, and does not contain scrub particles to not upset the pH balance on the skin and affect acne spots.
- Choose products with a pH between 4.5 – 6.2, which is equivalent to the natural index of the skin.
3. Gentle exfoliation for acne skin
Many people think that oily and acne-prone skin is very sensitive, so exfoliating can cause skin irritation. However, this is an indispensable step in acne skin care steps to help clear the skin and stimulate the regeneration of new skin cells.
Benefits of exfoliating dead skin cells
Exfoliating properly with the right frequency helps you to completely remove the keratinized cells from the skin. This helps maintain smooth, healthy skin while reducing the risk of clogging pores that cause acne to develop.
How to exfoliate dead cells
To exfoliate oily acne-prone skin, you should prioritize using gentle, fine-textured products to avoid hurting the skin during the rubbing process.
The frequency of exfoliation with acne-prone skin is not too sensitive is about once a week. Particularly for thin, easily irritated skin, you should only do it about 1-2 times a week.
4. Use a toner to balance acne-prone skin
Benefits of using toner for acne-prone skin
Using a toner after cleansing steps brings a lot of different benefits to acne-prone skin.
- Helps to deep clean, and remove excess oil that is still deep inside the pores.
- Balances the natural pH of the skin, prevents bacteria growth, and makes it easier for the skin to absorb nutrients.
- Hydrate, tighten pores, and smooth skin.
How to choose the right toner for acne-prone skin
For acne-prone skin, you should pay attention to choosing a toner with the following characteristics:
- Choose products specifically for oily acne-prone skin, which have the ability to control oil and control sebum. You can refer to the ingredients or check the product packaging.
- Priority should be given to products containing anti-inflammatory and acne-fighting ingredients such as green tea, salicylic acid, tea tree oil, etc.
- The product does not contain alcohol, fragrances, preservatives, or harsh detergents.
5. Apply a mask to treat acne-prone skin
You should remember, acne-prone skin still needs adequate moisture to enhance the ability to absorb nutrients as well as regenerate the skin barrier. Therefore, besides other acne-prone skincare steps, you should also use a mask to help acne-prone skin recover faster. However, you should pay attention to choosing a mask with gentle ingredients, avoid causing skin congestion and do not overdo the mask because it may make acne worse.
Benefits of applying a mask to care for oily skin with acne
When applying a mask to care for oily skin, your skin can receive benefits such as:
- Add moisture to nourish the skin.
- Reduce oil secretion, and help the skin surface clear.
- Overcoming skin problems caused by acne such as dark scars, large pores …
How to choose the right mask
You can now find many different types of masks that are suitable for the care of oily and acne-prone skin. However, you should give priority to choosing masks with mild ingredients, and easily absorbed texture, to avoid irritation and skin tightness. To support the acne treatment process, you can consider masks with ingredients such as tea tree oil, Centella Asiatica,
6. Use special products to treat acne
Oily acne skin is one of the skin types with many defects and the most difficult to overcome. Therefore, you need to use special treatment products such as creams and serums to regain healthy, smooth, and acne-free skin.
Benefits and ingredients that should be included in specialty cosmetics
Some of the background ingredients found in topical products include:
- Zinc: Helps control oil, limit sebum accumulation on the skin, and unclog pores.
- Glycerin: Lightly moisturizing, non-greasy, strengthens the protective barrier.
- Gluconate: Has the effect of reducing swelling, is anti-inflammatory, speeding up the recovery process after acne.
- BHA: Remove dead cells, and tighten pores.
- Decandiol: Kills bacteria and prevents acne from coming back.
7. Moisturizing for oily acne skin
Dehydrated skin will stimulate more oil production. Therefore, you need to pay attention to using a moisturizer every day to keep the skin moist and limit the accumulation of sebum that causes acne.
Benefits of using moisturizing products
- Properly moisturizing helps skin soften, recover from deep within, limit dark spots, and speed up the recovery process.
- Helps the skin absorb nutrients better, limiting nutrient loss.
How to choose the right
moisturizer for acne-prone skin For moisturizers for oily acne-prone skin, you should choose water-based products that are easy to penetrate, and do not cause greasiness or clog pores, causing severe oiliness. more important. In addition, please refer to the ingredient list and prioritize products that contain ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, or Niacinamide… to enhance skin hydration.
8. Use sunscreen to protect your skin
The last but also very important step when taking care of oily skin is to use sunscreen regularly.
The benefits of using sunscreen
Sunscreens with SPF 30 or higher have the effect of protecting the skin from the harmful effects of UV rays, helping to slow down the aging process and limit the risk of darkening. For oily and acne-prone skin, sunscreen will limit the expansion of pores due to heat, reduce sebum secretion, and prevent the risk of acne formation.
How to choose the right sunscreen for acne-prone skin: With acne-prone skin, you should prioritize choosing sunscreens with the following characteristics:
- Light texture, quickly absorbed, not greasy.
- Priority should be given to mild, safe ingredients that do not contain fragrances and preservatives that are harmful to the skin.
- For daily use of sunscreen, you should choose a type with an average SPF, avoiding too high or too low is not good for the skin.