The City of Volunteer in Brampton is a diverse and vibrant community with lots of opportunities for you to give back. The city’s residents are active volunteers, and many organizations in the community can use your help. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and give back to your local community. It’s also proven to have many health benefits, such as reduced stress levels, lower blood pressure and improved cognitive functions.
Brampton Animal Services
Brampton Animal Services, located at 7555 Hurontario Street (at Heart Lake Road), provides a number of services to animals and the community. The shelter houses 10 dogs, 20 cats, and several small animals at any given time. Volunteers are needed to walk dogs during regular business hours (Monday to Friday 10:30AM – 4:00PM). The volunteer must be over 18 years old and have their own transportation. There is no minimum number of shifts required; however, you must commit yourself to the program for at least two months before being considered for advancement opportunities within Brampton Animal Services. If interested in volunteering please contact [email protected].
YES Shelter for Youth and Families
YES is a community partner that provides shelter, education, and resources to youth and families living in Brampton. They serve approximately 1000 people each year, with the goal of helping them find sustainable housing and work. Their programs include:
- A group home for young people who are in crisis or facing difficult circumstances at home
- An emergency shelter for up to 24 families at a time
- A transitional housing program that helps homeless families move back into permanent homes within six months
- Support groups for parents dealing with addiction or mental health issues
YES also offers a variety of Volunteer Organizations opportunities, including weekly meal service shifts, one-time events such as fundraising activities or donation drives, and ongoing roles such as decorating rooms at the shelters or organizing clothing drives. To get started as a volunteer with YES Shelter for Youth & Families please contact [email protected]
The Canadian Diabetes Association
The Canadian Diabetes Association is a national charity that aims to prevent, manage and cure diabetes by funding research and raising awareness. Volunteers are needed for a variety of projects, including community fundraisers, fundraising events such as walkathons, health fairs and more. The association also offers opportunities for children to get involved through programs like Camp DLife.
To learn more about how you can help the Canadian Diabetes Association in Brampton or become part of their volunteer program contact them at 1-800-BANTING (226-8464) or visit their website: www.diabetes.ca
United Way Peel Region
The United Way Peel Region is a non-profit organization that helps people in Brampton, Caledon, and Mississauga. They have many volunteer opportunities available including fundraising, event planning and management, community engagement and support groups.
- Corporate Relationships
William Osler Health System (Brampton Civic Hospital)
If you’re looking for a chance to give back, William Osler Health System is one of the largest providers of healthcare in Canada. With 75 locations across Ontario and Quebec, they offer everything from home care and rehabilitation to medical devices and research.
The Brampton Civic Hospital is an acute care facility that receives over 130,000 visits annually. To help staff members keep up with demand at this location, they are always looking for volunteers who can assist with patient transports or hospital tours (among other tasks).
To Get Started With Volunteering at This Location:
- Apply online by visiting their website here. You will need to create a profile before submitting your application; this helps ensure that you provide accurate information about yourself as well as any previous experience working with patients in health care settings.
- Expect that your application may take several weeks to process; however if there are unprocessed applications already on file, yours could be processed within days of submission! If all goes well during the interview process then you should receive confirmation within two weeks after being interviewed by a volunteer coordinator from WOHSS — good luck!
There Are Several Organizations Looking for Volunteers
- If you are interested in volunteering, contact the organization directly.
- If you’re not sure where to start, contact a local organization like Volunteer Peel to get information about volunteer opportunities in your community.
- Volunteering is a great way to meet people and make friends!
There are many ways that you can give back to the community. By volunteering your time, you will be contributing to the well-being of others and helping them get through some difficult times in their lives. At the same time, it will also be beneficial for you because it will provide an opportunity to develop yourself as a person so that when it comes time for a career change or promotion within your company, having these experiences on your resume will help your chances at getting hired.