I’m sure if you’re an Outlook user, you’ve experienced the same problems with Outlook email not opening or working properly. For the most part, depending on the issue you’re having and the version of Microsoft Outlook you’re using. Though the best solution will vary when you choose the Microsoft Outlook program from the Start menu or a shortcut icon, It won’t launch.
Additionally, does Outlook not open or function properly on your computer? Don’t worry; there are several simple solutions to your problem. In order to fix the outlook email not opening problem, you just simply follow the quick instructions below. But first, we’ll look at why it happens. So, let’s go into the subject more.
Why outlook email not opening? – Reasons
A number of factors might cause Outlook email not opening erroneously or not at all. Among the most prevalent offenders are:
- A tainted identity.
- Add-ins or extensions that cause problems.
- Problems with the navigation window.
- Files have been corrupted.
In addition, there are additional problems that could play a role. For instance, your computer could have a virus or you have installed new software that doesn’t play well with Outlook. However, whatever the precise problem, there are some essential debugging solutions to consider that may be beneficial.
Fixes for Outlook email not opening issues
Try these troubleshooting techniques in the order given above, from easy to more difficult. Though, if you’re using Outlook on a Windows machine and Outlook won’t open or opens with issues.
- Consider starting Outlook in safe mode. Meanwhile, the problem is probably an add-in or toolbar extension if Outlook launches normally in Safe Mode.
- If Outlook won’t open no error message, analyze your computer for malware, Trojans, spyware, as well as other threats. Although, if you encounter an issue, fix it using your security programme, restart your computer, and attempt to restart Outlook once more.
To repair Outlook
We need to fix Outlook. Potential damage to the Outlook application exists. Although, to repair it, utilize the built-in Microsoft Office repair tool.
- You should close all Office programs.
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Choose View by Category.
- Choose Uninstall a Program under the Programs heading.
- By right-clicking Microsoft Office, you may access Change.
- Choose between Online Repair and Repair. If a popup for user account control displays, choose Yes.
- Restart Outlook after the process is complete.
Reset the navigation pane
The navigation pane will be reset. Outlook won’t open no error message may not launch properly due to a navigation pane starting problem. However, it could be possible to fix the problem by clearing the navigation window.
- Exit outlook application.
- Enter Windows Key + R or select Start > Run.
- Then, select OK after typing or pasting outlook.exe /resetnavpane.
- Launch Outlook. The navigation bar will be cleared.
Repair Outlook profile
Your Outlook profile needs to be fixed. Outlook profiles can get distorted, resulting in a variety of issues, such as Outlook not working or opening.
- Selected Account Settings under File > Account Settings.
- Navigate to the Email section.
- By selecting Repair, the Repair wizard will launch. For Outlook Exchange accounts, this option is not accessible.
- Lastly, follow the steps to finish the procedure and restart Outlook.
Then click Disable add-ins. One or more add-ins may be incompatible with Outlook and causing the issue. Similarly, check to see whether the problem is fixed by disabling all add-ins.
- First, click File, then Options, and finally Adds in.
- Then, select Go in the Manage section.
- Moreover, to disable the add-ins, uncheck the boxes next to them.
- Click OK.
Repair Outlook data files
Fix the data files for Outlook. Be using the Inbox Repair tool to pinpoint and perhaps resolve any issues if Outlook not working or opening.
- Leave Outlook.
- Download and run Microsoft’s Inbox Repair program.
- Start by choosing Browse, then choose the personal folders (.pst) file.
- If the scan reveals any issues, select Repair.
- Afterward, restart Outlook after the fix is finished.
The procedures above should assist you in resolving Outlook won’t open problems. Therefore, if you are still unable to launch Microsoft Outlook. Similarly, it still won’t open after stopping all the aforementioned potential processes. Though, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
For resolving your Outlook email not opening issues from root, you may seek assistance through Email Help Us. Although, if necessary, contact our specialists for a remote support session on your PC so one of our technicians can look into why Outlook won’t open further. Lastly, please feel free to get in touch with our experts to receive prompt advice from personnel.