What Are Some Symptoms And Treatment Of Gastro Disorders? Did you know that sometimes stomach aches can be severe? Moreover, their treatment can be more pricey. One of those stomach aches is caused due to poor gastrointestinal conditions. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, these digestive disorders, particularly gastrointestinal related, are the common cause for 60 to 70 million Americans. Out of which 250,000 die every year.
Possible symptoms of gastro disorders
The symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders vary from person to person. However, a few common symptoms of gastro disorder conditions are as follows:
- Vomiting and nausea: These are the common symptoms, often termed as the first signs of getting gastro problems. If frequent nausea-like conditions occur, visit the gastro surgeon at the earliest.
- Acid reflux (heartburn): It is a burning sensation in the stomach due to excessive spicy food or acidity. Acid reflux can happen twice or thrice a week, which the experts call gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Loss of appetite: Due to excessive acid accumulation in the stomach, loss of appetite will occur. The food doesn’t digest, leading to the production of gases within the stomach.
- Fatigue: The body gets tired easily even if light work is done.
- Faecal incontinence: The bowel movements are not controlled and leak unexpectedly from the rectum. If not controlled in time, it can lead to severe bladder issues.
- Unintentional weight loss: Due to loss of appetite, weight loss will occur. However, sometimes the patient won’t know when the weight has reduced drastically.
- Problem in swallowing: The patient often remains confused regarding the food being ingested by them. They feel it’s stuck in the tube connecting the throat and stomach. If this situation occurs for a longer period, chronic lung disease may occur.
- Abdominal pain: The pain can vary from slight to severe depending on the condition and the intensity of the gastrointestinal disorder. However, do not ignore any abdominal pain.
Treatment of gastrointestinal problems
If you live in Mumbai, you must visit a good gastro surgeon in Mumbai immediately as soon as the first symptoms occur. However, if you cannot find a gastro surgeon in Mumbai in an emergency, you can visit a nearby clinic to seek some help. The following are the treatments that can prevent or help cure gastrointestinal problems:
- Avoid taking caffeine, beverages, or any other food that triggers the symptoms of gastric disorders.
- Take antacids or over-the-counter medications to reduce stomach acid production or oesophagus inflammation.
- Increase the intake of fibres and a raw diet in your food. That will help clean the bowels.
- Avoid taking gluten, grease, spices and dairy products.
- In the worst cases, surgery requiring the removal of the colon can be implemented.
- Taking more fluids rests the intestines and relieves pain.
- Consuming a BRAT diet – banana, rice, applesauce and toast – is beneficial for the stomach.
- Complete the dosage course provided to you by the gastro surgeon in Mumbai.
Though gastrointestinal disorders are curable, however, when they become severe, no one will get to know about them. So, be careful, take care of your digestive system and visit Nanavati Max Healthcare’s gastro treatment centre, as we provide the best treatment in India.