Why Do You Need to Move Your Office? If your business has grown or you’ve finally moved out of your parent’s basement, you might be considering office shifting to a new location. Of course, moving into the perfect office space can seem like quite the task, but trust us — it doesn’t have to be too stressful if you plan properly and do plenty of research beforehand. Here are 10 tips for making sure your office move goes as smoothly as possible!
1) Hire a professional moving company
Office shifting is a stressful process for any company, and it can be expensive to hire the right company to help. Check out these 10 tips for a stress-free office move 1. Ensure you have enough boxes before moving day: No matter how many movers you use, you will need enough boxes for your office. Even if you are hiring professionals, they should still have some boxes on hand just in case their inventory is running low.
2. Be sure to label all of your belongings: You may not think this is necessary until you get into unpacking everything and find yourself at a loss when trying to figure out where everything goes! Label each box with what room it belongs in so that the movers know exactly where each item goes when unpacking them in your new location.
2) Notify your employees in advance
We are happy to announce that our office will be moving a few blocks away to accommodate the growing company. The new address will be 123 Main Street. As part of this move, we have scheduled the following:
– An Office Shifting Party on Monday, October 22nd from 6 pm – 8 pm where you can bring your favorite dish and meet some of the employees
-A neighborhood cleanup on Saturday, October 27th from 10 am – 12 pm in anticipation of the move
We encourage everyone who is able to help out with either of these events to come and join us! The more people we have to help at these events, the easier they’ll be. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
3) Schedule the move during a slow period
Office shifting is the what. Whether you’re moving to a new office or just rearranging things, it’s not going to be easy. But with some careful planning, you can make it easier on yourself and your employees. Here are 10 tips for a stress-free office move. 1) Schedule the move during a slow period, like September or October, when people are back in school and less likely to need their offices in full swing. 2) Use moving professionals to help with the heavy lifting so everyone on staff can stay focused on work instead of being stressed about getting everything done before the movers show up. 3) Give everyone in your organization plenty of notice about how and when they’ll have access to their desks once they arrive at their new location.
4) Pack up your own office first
Office shifting is what starts with one simple step, packing up your own office. This can be a stressful process, but there are ways to make it more manageable. Gather all of the necessary boxes and supplies you need to pack your office before moving day. Make sure you have enough space in these boxes so they’ll actually fit everything you need from home. If not, contact a local store for some extra large boxes or go online and purchase new ones from an office supply company. You don’t want to get halfway through the packing and find out you don’t have enough space for certain items or that certain items won’t fit into any of your designated containers!
5) Label all boxes
1. Get rid of all old office supplies that you’re not using anymore, like pens and paper.
2. Start packing your personal items first, so you don’t have to open boxes for them later on when the movers come to pick up the rest of your things.
3. Label boxes with an easy-to-understand system (e.g., office desk or personal belongings) before packing them up so you know where to put everything when you get to your new office space or house.
6) Set up a temporary office
Office shifting is a process that can be complicated and stressful. Follow these 10 tips to make the transition as seamless as possible.
1) Make sure you have designated storage space for all your items in your new location. 2) Start packing early with things that are easy to pack, like basic office supplies and small boxes, so you don’t have to worry about this at the last minute. 3) Label all your boxes clearly with what should be inside them, so other people know where they need to be unpacked when they get there. 4) Get someone else to help you with the heavy lifting of larger furniture items, or work out a deal with movers who offer flat rate pricing.
7) Unpack and set up your new office as soon as possible
One of the most common fears of office shifting is the time needed to unpack and set up your new office. In order to ease this process, you’ll need to have all necessary supplies on hand before you start (e.g., furniture, moving boxes, scissors, tape). You should also plan for the worst by packing essentials first (e.g., computer equipment, phone lines) so that they’re ready when you need them. You’ll also want to pack your desk last in order to ensure that it’s not damaged during transit.
Office shifting can be a stressful process but with these 10 tips, you can help make things as easy as possible.
8) Have a plan for dealing with disruptions
It is easy to be unprepared when moving offices. Here are 10 tips that can help you prepare for the unexpected:
1. Make a list of everything in your office so that you know what is going where. 2. Take measurements of doorways and hallways before the move so that you know how to get around in your new space. 3.
9) Be prepared for anything
Moving your office is stressful, but with some preparation, it can be a lot easier. Here are 10 tips to make the office shifting process as stress-free as possible.
1) Know your timeline and budget – it’s important to know upfront how long you will need for the move and what you can afford. These factors will impact everything from hiring movers to planning the work schedule.
10) Celebrate your new office!
Office shifting is a process that can be either very rewarding or very stressful. It is important to be prepared and to follow these 10 tips for a stress-free office move.
1) Start early This might seem like an obvious tip, but it really is worth the time and effort. The first step of a successful office move is to start early so you don’t get overwhelmed by the time it comes. Make sure you have plenty of time set aside for packing and cleaning in advance so you don’t have to rush around at the last minute when things get hectic. Organizing everything beforehand will make it much easier for everyone involved.